Monday, May 25, 2009

Another Catch-Up Post!

Apparently we overestimated our ability to regularly update the ol' blog! Our sincerest apologies to our faithful viewers :)
So! Where did we leave off? Ah, yes January.  Since then we have gone to California for Spring Break, taken Geddes out of school and began homeschooling him, made arrangements for me (Harley) to go on a study abroad, etc, etc.

Barbara's big news is that she's going to Italy with me in July! She was really freaked out at first when she was trying to figure out all the plans (where to stay, flights, trains, etc), But now she can't wait! 

Grandma Austin got to go to Texas for a week to visit a friend, which was really good for her.  Her and Geddes have been playing together almost every day, which she has also loved.  She likes spoiling him, and having a visitor wear her out all the time.

As for me, I am almost all set to go to Prague for a month!! I am going through MCC and I am studying Political Ideologies and Literature and Film, which is just a fancy way of saying Politics, Books, and Movies, haha. I leave June 4, which is crazy soon, but I cannot wait! (Also, on a side note, I am thinking about making my own blog to kind of document my travels and experiences, blah blah blah, so if I did that, I would appreciate lots of comments and readers!) After Prague, as I said before, my mom is going to meet me in Prague and then we are going to Italy (Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice) for 2 weeks with Aunt Lynn, Gabi, Jake, and Rachel (for a little bit) and that is going to be so much FUN! 

Addison just graduated from Mountain View High School, and she moved apartments, she is still working at In-N-Out and from what I understand, she's going to be able to be on closing crew now (not that I have any clue what that means).  Other than that, I haven't the foggiest about whats going on in her life.

Baxter is still at the Youth Development Institute, and he is making slow, but noticeable progress. We get to visit him a couple times a week, and he is growing even more each time! He is a bohemoth of a kid, that is for sure! 

Geddes has mostly been chillin.  He loves swimming and will beg for hours to go every single day.  He got baptized in April, and he is now in Scouts, and he is loving it. He's got such a great attitude and an awesome sense of humor.

Al is still working for the Government, doing that thing he does (for those of you who watch Friends, we always joke that he is the Chandler of the family because we don't really know what he does exactly, even though he's told us multiple times. thats our bad. We love you, Al!).  He's jealous of our trip to Italy because that's where he served his mission, and every time we talk about it or pronounce something wrong, he is right there to correct us.  Bless his heart, haha. 

Well I think thats about it for now (the basics at least), I can't promise anything, but hopefully I'll have my own blog pretty soon, and I'll have trained my mom to update their blog on their own!

Love Always, 
The Ricks-Austin Fam

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

As for me, I would love a blog documenting this sure to be awesome upcoming trip. I am insanely jealous and am looking forward to living vicariously thru your posts.

Emily Rose said...

Wow, Jaw on the floor. way to blog!

Smith Family said...

I had no idea that Al served in Italia. SWEET. Come on Aunt Bob Cat, we believe in you. You can DO IT (the blog thing). Love you all!